Laala Kashef Alghata
Laala Kashef Alghata Poems
- Much Ado (About Nothing) I thought that you were my Benedick ...
- Write Me A Metaphor These words are just pressed ...
- Kiss My Knuckles While I Hold ... I write beauty like ...
- Draw, Speak And Describe Love If asked to draw love I would ...
- The Silence Behind Your Words You talk, and I listen. I ...
- Despite The Splinters In My He...
- Texts Of Emotion And Unique Fi...
Laala Kashef Alghata was born in 1990. Her first book, 'Friendship in Knots' was written was published in 2003 as the first book written in English by a Bahraini writer. At 16, she published her second book, Behind the Mask: A Folded Heart, a poetry collection.
She is a poet-in-residence on several online journals, including The Peregrine Muse and Other Voices International project. ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Laala Kashef Alghata
Much Ado (About Nothing)
I thought that you were my Benedick
and I, your Beatrice, that we argued
against love into love, but oh! I was wrong.
Beatrice truly loved Benedick,
and he loved her. Their fights
were a vibrant cloak to veil their emotions.
No, darling, you were my Claudio,
and I, your Hero, for their love
was of the superficial kind.
Fair Hero, you only loved what your eyes
saw before you, you only loved
who you thought a great man.
Foolish Claudio! How you jump to conclusions
of the maiden you are to marry, how you break
her heart and cast ...