Laura Moriarty Poems
- Quiet Mourning I keep gardenias By the Kwan Yin Though ...
- Quiet Mourning -new- for Leslie Scalapino I keep gardenias ...
- A Franc Sonic -new- for Jerry Estrin Snow covers The hills one ...
- Unknown Sun -new- 'light which is not sum' —Norma Cole, Mars The...
- Unknown Sun 'light which is not sum' —Norma Cole, Mars The ...
- A Franc Sonic for Jerry Estrin Snow covers The hills one by...
Laura Moriarty (April 8, 1952) is an American poet and novelist.
Moriarty was born in St. Paul, Minnesota, grew up on Cape Cod in Massachusetts and has lived in Northern California since 1966. She attended Sacramento State University and the University of California at Berkeley in the 70s. She was married to the poet Jerry Estrin until his death in 1993, and is currently married to the ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Laura Moriarty
for Leslie Scalapino
I keep gardenias
By the Kwan Yin
Though magnolia was her flower
On my steps where
In ordinary life
Last but once
I saw her alive
We had tea and sweets
Stuffed with bean paste
Wherever it worked
We had tea again
And she by then
Only angel food
Would live still
If she could.