Laurie Dahl Poems
- Mother-In-Law-Dearest You broke my unguarded spirit You made...
- Mrsandiego To the one person Whom when speaking Blocks ...
- A Speck A speck in the sand Twinkling by noon Worn by ...
- The Soul The Soul Before I go, Come to see
- Window Today from the partially opened window We saw each ...
- Spirit The spirit nods its own society Then opens the ...
- Fonthill Bishop Fresh green of a fern New mown hay A mossy ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Laurie Dahl
You broke my unguarded spirit
You made me red-faced and angry
Like swallowing a bitter pill
A mud-puddle day in Spring
You lived up to it well and thoughtful
Blocking the doorway with your expensive perfume
Like a bellow of smoke, I was silent
Creating havoc and confusion was your way
The voice of the oppressor, the enemy within
Clawing the blackboard, you rejoiced
I felt helpless and foolish like an old tired warrior
Never were you content with peace-
All peanut butter and no jelly
The rich tapestry that bounds together
Is but loose frayed...