Leeanndra O'Lear Poems
- (004) William The Ghost Me...
- (009) Yippee! Hyah! And Weee...
- (010) Lonely Has It's Perks... They met online, he ...
- (007) An Orb Weaving Spider ...
- (003) Straight No Chaser (To... Straight, no chaser - ...
- (006) Let Us Picnic Togethe...
- (005) Revelation: Brooklyn Br...
I started writing poetry several yrs ago. Sonnets are a favorite. Metrical poetry is preferred though I enjoy free verse, too.
Writing for children is quite fun, as well. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Leeanndra O'Lear
(004) William The Ghost Meets The Early Light Of Spring
He watches his great grandson sleep. A gleam
of tenderness bestirs his blue-grey eyes;
a guardian, his spectral self esteem
is strengthened by enduring family ties.
He rises from the chair. A looking glass
above the bed ignores him. Nothing new.
His long black coat and top hat seldom pass
for fashionable garb these days. Boo hoo.
The house is morning silent yet the sound
of robins beckon from the elms outside.
Come, come. His Swansea heart begins to pound.
Adventure from your post. He starts to glide.
Descend the staircase. Just a few feet ...