Les Littleford Poems
- A New Grandchild A new baby No More than a new baby A ...
- Avalanche Sometimes the frostbite still tingles And the ...
- Ode To Golf Dare you compare it to a country walk? ...
- On Snake Gully Track Moss, trillions of microscopic leaves, ...
- Oranges And Sunshine I sat, tense, with increasing horror, ...
- The Tamar Wetlands The boardwalk runs deep into the wetlands,...
- The Mill On The Supply The gums in the amphitheatre above ...
After studying English and Education at the University of York, I have taught in the Channel Islands, Scotland, the Bahamas and Australia. After emigrating to Australia with my wife Sue in 1977 I have taught in Geelong, Melbourne, Portland in South West Victoria. I was predominantly an English teacher but for the last 26 years a Principal.
Since retiring Sue and I worked for a year in ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Les Littleford
A New Grandchild
A new baby
More than a new baby
A special bundle of genetic miracles
Reproduced each second all over the world
But each one,
So distant but so close
Our eldest son a father
To watch his gentle touch
Is to see a new him who has always been there
But now redirected
As though he has been waiting his whole life
For this moment.
For us it is a new experience
One which brings no surprise.
Just warm joy.