Linda Franklin Poems
- Peace To The Soul The waves gently lapping at my feet As my...
- I Care When you’re upset When you’re down on your luck ...
- What Is Love? Most everyone seeks it From time to time is ...
- You'Re Not The Person I Though...
- Changes Whether we want it to or not It seems that things ...
- Sometimes Love Is Not Enough When we were young, We ...
- Trust How do you learn to trust? When the one you loved ...
I grew up in the midwest (about 60 year ago) and longed to travel and see the world. Todate I have visited over 80 very interesting countries and places and still have lots of traveling in me to do. My favorite place to be is near the ocean and spent 12 years living on St. Croix watching the sunrise and enjoying the beautiful view of the ocean and watching the seaplane land and take off.
I didn't start writing poetry until about 4 years ago, so I am fairly new at it. My ideas come from the people around me. Hope you enjoy reading them. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Peace To The Soul
The waves gently lapping at my feet
As my worries leave my soul
No cars, no buses, no trains
The wind blows through the leaves
Making a song on the breeze
Birds scurrying on little feet
Looking for something to eat
Leaves imprints in the sand
As the waves gently lap
The shore at my feet
The sun plays peek-a-boo within the clouds
As pelicans skim over ocean’s waves
With waves gently lapping at my feet
It’s neither the fame nor the money
That brings peace to the soul
But the waves gently lapping at my feet