Living Experience Poems
- Betrayed (Violence Against Wom...
- Scorned Love I thought what we had was real, Too many ...
- Inspiration All I know is it feels good, My spirit sings ...
- Captivated Into the light I step at dawn, Wind blows pass ...
- Strange Love Thank you for seeing me, For all the colours ...
- Confined Mind Sitting in a rubber room, Waiting for my ...
- Remembering Child Abuse Remember as a child, All the little...
This is a spin off page from wind songs spiritual poet, Annalee Hopkins. My name is Nikki and I have a lot of life experiences and express it through words. These poems are different from spiritual poetry and offer insight to the many experiences we all go through on this journey we call life. Some are sunny and others dark. I welcome comments as long as it's not to nit pick over grammar or flow. Words are words as poetry is to poems. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Living Experience
Betrayed (Violence Against Women And Children)
I’ve tried to write the words,
Surely something to say,
For the way you’ve treated me,
How we ended it that day.
It matters not how we met,
What matters is what we felt,
Was it really genuine?
I touch the swollen welts.
I trusted you with things,
That I never told another soul,
Things that hurt and scarred me,
That you’d keep till we grew old.
The betrayal you bestowed upon me,
Minimizing, laughing at my pain,
All my secrets now exposed,
Make me think that I’m insane.
It matters not what you did to me,
These scars ...