Lizelia Augusta Jenkins Moorer
Lizelia Augusta Jenkins Moorer Poems
- Thanksgiving Let us give thanks to God above, Thanks for ...
- Birthday Wishes To A Physician Birthday greetings From a ...
- Lynching Have you ever heard of lynching in the great United ...
- Immorality Have you heard, my friend, the slander that the ...
- Injustice Of The Courts Whites alone upon the jury in a ...
- The Negro Ballot Can America be reckoned as the country of ...
- Jim Crow Cars If within the cruel Southland you have chanced ...
Frances Cornford (1886-1960) was born and lived for most of her life in Cambridge. She was the granddaughter of Charles Darwin, and on her mother’s side was related to William Wordsworth. In 1909 she married the classicist Francis Cornford, who was to become Professor of Ancient Philosophy at Cambridge, and they had five children. Frances Cornford published eight books of poetry and two of translations. Her Collected Poems (1954) was the Choice of the Poetry Book Society, and in 1959 she was awarded the Queen’s Gold Medal for Poetry. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Lizelia Augusta Jenkins Moorer
Let us give thanks to God above,
Thanks for expressions of His love,
Seen in the book of nature, grand
Taught by His love on every hand.
Let us be thankful in our hearts,
Thankful for all the truth imparts,
For the religion of our Lord,
All that is taught us in His word.
Let us be thankful for a land,
That will for such religion stand;
One that protects it by the law,
One that before it stands in awe.
Thankful for all things let us be,
Though there be woes and misery;
Lessons they bring us for our good-
Later 'twill all be ...