Lori Messenger Poems
- Strange Creatures We are strange, We travel in packs, We ...
- Fire Lines Turning you hold your arms up My eyes touch where...
- Smokejumper Poem 4 The door of Jump 16 opens to an unnerving ...
- Coming Home Returning from fighting the West End Fire, I ...
- Bad Stuff Happens Bad stuff happens on the fire line, You ...
- The Worst Is Still To Come You flirt And consort with ...
- Land Conversion On the chaise lounge Beer in hand Watching ...
Forester, smokejumper, and wildland firefighter in Western United States. Also an amatuer poet. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Lori Messenger
We are strange,
We travel in packs,
We have matching shirts and rituals.
Home is on the fire line
Where disaster is a familiar face.
When reinserted into conventional society
We are lost and confused
Like an undiscovered tribe
Transported to Manhattan.
And we deal with it by resorting to