M. Ayodele Heath
M. Ayodele Heath Poems
- On A Fieldtrip To The Botanica...
- Things My Father Gave Me (Whic...
- A Sharecropper's Pantoum 'The drug cocktails that have ...
- Home This is a place where when tomorrow's Easter Sunday & ...
- Lovesong At The End Of The Wor... Love, I have fallen ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about M. Ayodele Heath
On A Fieldtrip To The Botanical Gardens, Kenya Gets A Lesson (Not In The Lesson Plan)
If she could, she would choose
to be the color of Yellow cosmos, French lavender,
Texas paintbrush (or a Shasta daisy at the very
least) : Anything but the color of pots
& kettles! Which she is. Which is when
a chaperone, who also happens
to be her Mother, rebuts: But Kenya,
you are also the color of Night,
whose beauty cannot even be contained
by Earth, nor expanding galaxies, wandering
exquisitely as the thoughts of God. The color
of Infinity, if it had one; of Eternity,
if it ever paused to be measured. My daughter,
you are the ...