Maggie DeMay Poems
- Goddess Of The Goats Full moon high in the sky fog coming ...
- Fairy Lights Tonight the very first firefly of the ...
- No One Remembers No one remembers the soldier once a ...
- We Put On The Uniform We put on the uniform all became ...
- Keeper Once a long time ago I asked 'what the hell
- When Mangos Grew On The Magnol... I dreamed once that mangos ...
- Touch Me A tingle starts with a touch hands soft on my ...
Born in the South, raised as a Southern Baptist, but thanks to many years of expensive therapy have managed to get over it rather nicely. Army veteran, married to a retired sailor, living on 40 acres in the middle of nowhere, happily raising goats and annoying my neighbors. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Maggie DeMay
Goddess Of The Goats
Full moon high in the sky
fog coming in
breaking like waves
against the hills and fences
Rudder was crying
baaing her silly head off
she couldn't find her baby
Goddess of the goats
get up from my warm bed
not that it mattered
since I was awake anyway
in my flannell pj's and rubber boots
find the baby
sleeping under what's left
of the catapah tree
a tiny little creature
smaller than the big ginger cat
who guards the farm
against invasions of rodents
when he feels the urge
I take the baby to ...