Mamang Dai Poems
- NO DREAMS The days are nothing. Plant and foliage grow ...
- REMEMBRANCE Why did we think it was trivial that it would ...
- GONE We have long journeys in our blood. The road has no ...
- PRAYER FLAGS — 2 The wet mountain road. This is where we ...
- FLOATING ISLAND The sloping mountain is trying to reach ...
- SMALL TOWNS AND THE RIVER Small towns always remind me of ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Mamang Dai
The sloping mountain is trying to reach me
stretching down into the water.
Dear one, don't go away.
Rest, rest on my shoulder.
Deep in my centre a woman is asleep
pressing her cheek on my pillow
vivid with dreams.
The birds of summer are nesting in her breast.
Who knows which way the spinning current will spin.
Farewell, blind mountain, pasted on the sky,
when the day is folded away
my heart clings to the life of water.
Into the deep, into the sea green
navigating on a heartbeat,
the lilies are shooting up like swordfish
and the ...