Marcus Mosiah Garvey
Marcus Mosiah Garvey Poems
- A Black Man's Prayer Send Thy peace to all this world, Lord ...
- Hail! United States Of Africa Hail! United States of ...
- The Black Mother Where can I find love that never changes ...
- A Black Man's Speech To A Whit...
- The Tragedy Of White Injustice (1) Lying and stealing is the...
- The Black Woman Black queen of beauty, thou hast given color ...
- Black And White I'm black not white, which is no crime; To ...
Rt. Excellent Marcus Mosiah Garvey, Jr., National Hero of Jamaica (17 August 1887 – 10 June 1940) was a publisher, journalist, entrepreneur, Black Nationalist, Pan-Africanist, and orator. Marcus Garvey was founder of the Universal Negro Improvement Association and African Communities League (UNIA-ACL). Prior to the twentieth century, leaders such as Prince Hall, Martin Delany, Edward Wilmot ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Marcus Mosiah Garvey
A Black Man's Prayer
Send Thy peace to all this world,
Lord of nations and of man-
Where blood banners are unfurled.
In their wicked sinful den.
Sin may reign upon the throne,
In man's way of seeing right;
Thou art Lord in truth; alone
Thou canst set all sin to flight.
Black men crushed to earth each day
Raise a voice of pleading now:
Come good Lord we all do pray,
Make the tyrants humbly bow.
For since God is God alone,
And vile man is man for that,
And will not of self atone,
Treat him, Lord, as virus rat.
White is great upon the earth,
Greater than the King of ...