Mark Boyle Poems
- The Lucky Country It’s Friday here in my little house, A ...
- The Hunter An adventure unfolds ...
- The Land A trickle of sweet Runs from my...
- Chains With fear in our hearts. They sent us away. To a ...
- The Song I sing to you ...
- Shooting Star Within the darkened, velvet ...
- The Quill A pen and quill, ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Mark Boyle
The Lucky Country
It’s Friday here in my little house,
A day for wine and song.
The week is dead and out of site,
I swap my steel caps for my thongs.
A healthy stubble begins to form,
across my grinning weekend face,
there'll be no early wake up call,
For that god damn awful place.
My jobs ok, as far as it goes.
My mates are O.K. too.
It’s just the thought of being there,
It’s the time in our lives we lose.
I guess I shouldn't complain so much,
a Jobs a Job I guess,
But life would be so much easier,
without all this friggin ...