Matt Ransom Poems
- Newflame 2 I try to stay professional I say nothing about ...
- Playlist Once you mistook me for the menace, the menace Oh,...
- What Your Man Wants To Hear You are too sweet Much sweeter ...
- Last Day At The Baylands the last day at the baylands and ...
- Coward If I could make you stop for a moment and not ...
- Career Choices I might live in the trees and study the ...
- Terrarium I think of a photograph, now gone of the world ...
Matt was borne of a need to drink and write about it without his employer thinking that he was dragging his own name through the gutters.
Only recently resurrected to hide amorous intentions, he intends to dropp a few bombs and then lurk to see what she says.
Whatever. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
I try to stay professional
I say nothing about it
although everyone has lost their faces
and put on yours
But she notices my discomfort
or the recognition with which I greet the waitress
and the desk clerk and the driver
'You're seeing someone', says she
and the sound is lost in the roar of my longing
or the plane overhead
filled with passengers to be jealous of.
'Yes, ' says he
I see her everywhere
She's become like a color
or a letter of the alphabet
It's worse when I close my eyes
And I'm grateful that the agony is ...