Matthew Christopher Poems
- Theater Mask One morning we both forgot how to speak. We ...
- Fortune Selling A man who made a fortune selling something he...
- Passeggiata Walking home, I saw through a basement ...
- I Taught Myself To Paint I taught myself to paint remember, ...
- Cavern 1 Even babies wake up scared. When they're older ...
- When I Woke Up (Quando Mi Sono...
- Trabant (Dieser Film Breuht Au...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
One morning we both forgot how to speak.
We painted bold colours
in thick lines
to express ourselves.
Overnight it rained.
We spent the day laughing because we had put the canvas outside.
We wanted it to dry in the nightair
We wondered if it was nocturnal.
The next day we did two things:
in the morning we laughed,
at night we cried.
and the whole time we wore masks
to hide our blank faces.