Matthew Johnson Poems
- To Spaghetti Carbonara Spaghetti Carbonara is a taste To ...
- To The Not-So-Dear Dear love (though not so dear) , have pity...
- Upon Eating Lemon Curd Images from the back of the ...
- On Cooking Chilli Every chilli meal I make alone Is ...
- Encierro The city of Pamplona Is so beautiful in ...
- A New Year A new year has come around. A new start: fresh, ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Matthew Johnson
To Spaghetti Carbonara
Spaghetti Carbonara is a taste
To savour. Every six months I need
The bacon submerged in delicate cheese;
The pasta, soft, with which I stuff my face,
Melts in the cream. This bloody great plateful
Satisfies my stomach and rather pleases
My taste buds. Ah! I wish I could just freeze
This sensation so grand, to remove all hate
In life. But it cannot be so, for that
Requires a freshness of taste beyond me.
Unless I want to end up round and fat,
And ruin flavours exquisite and sweet,
Making more Carbonara ain't an option:
It's best to savour the flavour...