Mauta Thuranira Peter
Mauta Thuranira Peter Poems
- Ode To My Penzie I hail thee, oh epitome of womanhood, You ...
- Lost Love Speck less solitary souls, Contented with their ...
- Fate Fate dealt him a blow, Too strong for his vulnerable ...
- My Brother, My Friend My brother, My friend Days have come ...
- Crossing Rubicorn Like hunters driving deer towards a cliff, ...
- If By Chance 6/5/2012 If by chance If by chance your paths...
- Yearning For Identity Rankling future I see, In young poets...
I became interested in writing while in primary school where I was the school language prefect.While at Burieruri High School in Meru North District I helped to revive a defunct writers club and relaunced it as The journalism club.I served as its editor for three years.My writing took a beating when I joined a college of agriculture and vet sciences under a government scholarship and my request to... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Mauta Thuranira Peter
Ode To My Penzie
I hail thee, oh epitome of womanhood,
You of unbreakable spirit,
As you carry God ordained earthly duty-
Without a murmer or hint of complaint.
May it forever be like the half decade gone-
Two diverse garments turned into seamless one.
Yours ain't a replay of the soaps in vogue,
Nor a pasting of the women magazines,
The moon needs no compass or time keeper,
Knowing where and when is its nature.
So are you my dear,
You defy all odds with massive patience and humility.
Yet not a hint of sturbonness in your demeanor.
You read my hopes and fears ...