Max Dahlquist Poems
- Dust To Dust The fading light painted your face in colors ...
- Greenhouse Effect Your brother was a six-year old ...
- The Definition Of April The world is stationary, a sunrise ...
- Early Mornings And Ice Storms I love snowflakes because ...
- Tower Once we got outside of town, the stars grew and ...
- Wind, Or Where It Belongs The wind breathes deeper every ...
- Terminal Bleary-eyed and restless strangers sit shoulder to ...
Comments about Max Dahlquist
Dust To Dust
The fading light painted your face
in colors that don't have names
but I kept my silence
because there was nothing I could say
that the sun couldn't say more eloquently
I sat beside you and hoped
that the arm around your shoulders
would never be enough
because if the day came
that I was everything you wanted
you would have no reason
to press tighter against me
because if that day came
when you no longer needed more
no longer needed me to struggle
no longer needed to pin our hearts to the wall
and skewer them with arrows
you and I could be ...