Michael Benedikt Poems
- The European Shoe The European Shoe is covered with grass and...
- To Persuade A Lady carpe Diem True, I have always been happy...
- Of Seals, And Our Smiles The last time they did any harm to ...
- Portland Taxis If were on Mars, and wanted to get ...
- The Beef Epitaph This is what it was: Sometime in the recent ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Michael Benedikt
The European Shoe
The European Shoe is covered with grass and reed, bound up and wound
around so that it may slip easily over the wearer's head.
In case you are an aircraft pilot, you must take care that the
European Shoe does not creep off your foot, and begin to
make its way carefully across the fusilage.
The European Shoe pressed against the fugitive's nose, preventing it
from imminent departure.
The European Shoe spends summers in delightful ways. A lady feels its
subtle and unexpected pressure the length of her decolletage.
(It winters in pain).
That time I...