michael pacholski Poems
- Ode To Lamps And Light Dear light I thank you fluorescent ...
- Maps, Travels, Contours The heart simply does and “does” is ...
- Ritualo De Lo Habitual I’m not sure why I comb my hair the ...
- Statue If everyone could cease to see you at all If ...
- The Innocent Louse The louse can live its entire life on ...
- An Instant Of Pie I once made an apple pie from scratch I ...
- Wreckage I had a best friend once and a wife with beads and...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Ode To Lamps And Light
Dear light I thank you
fluorescent provider for me and mine
Without you I could not walk
away from the hearts of others
without stumbling on stray miniature dolls or cars or dice
Without you dear light
I would lose the straight way down the narrow hall
past the bathroom and out of love's door
and might instead
wander into kitchens
seeing headlines on breakfast tables.
I might become absorbed in causes and commitments
or be taken in by the price of ripe glistening apples
or become engaged
by the sounds she makes in the basement
with her dozen ...