Michelle Garner Poems
- Fleetwood We were once a thriving town envied by ports from ...
- Teatime Why is it always bedlam when it gets to feeding ...
- Right To Life Did you want to see me die? Were you sad, did...
- Friends Friends are there when you need them, They always ...
- Tribute To Kristoffer Kristoffer what a wonder to me you ...
- Child Of Mine Who else can make me happy when all around is ...
Happily married mum of five boys (one of whom sadly passed away aged five, ten years ago) who lives in the small fishing port of Fleetwood,5 miles away from Blackpool, England. Interests are reading, poetry, music and the occasional game of bingo! ! more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Michelle Garner
We were once a thriving town
envied by ports from miles around
plenty of fish and jobs for all
and then the pride before the fall
the fish are gone, the jobs are few
the town no longer what we knew
yobs with drugs, no jobs or hope
just endless puffing on their dope
older people afraid to pass by
who saw the good times and wonder why
i hope my children fly this town
and find somewhere nice to settle down
a place where maybe dreams come true
with jobs, and hope and a future too.