Mick Zerr Poems
- When The Last Flock Flies The sky is Nature's billboard, ...
- The Lifer A look, a sound, a flash, a feather, Necks ...
- The Cottonwood Yes, She saw it all, This beautiful lady so ...
- Snows Of Spring Blue skies, a wispy cloud, Southern winds ...
- Canvas Wings Colors they are, in specs, strokes and the ...
- The Leaf That Blew As I watch the leaves of fall Sailing the...
- The Watcher (Owl Poem) The Watcher Mick Zerr©2009
Mick Zerr, BS MS
Geography teacher, Washington High School
Sioux Falls SD
Program director Leif Ericson Camp more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Mick Zerr
When The Last Flock Flies
The sky is Nature's billboard,
Changing with the seasons.
Begging us to peer skyward
Offering us endless reasons.
Fall is fading, Winter looms ahead.
The birds are fat from endless feeding.
In fields and trees they hastily fed,
Readying for a southern greeting.
Squads of, black and red, rufous and white
Forming 'V's and lines so long;
Honking and squawking, day and night,
Composing a wondrous season song.
With haste the sky will turn its tune
From glorious sounds and singing wings
To winters snows and howling glume,
Leaving us the ...