Miki Byrne Poems
- A Christmas Poem. I see the lights a-glitter. I hear the ...
- By Magic. By Magic. I often look to the sky and wonder ...
- Cave Deep inside the hillsides gut, I see its entrails. Not...
- Christening At St. Mary Magdal... In the church, sunlight ...
- About Edna St. Vincent Millay. This poet speaks and Her ...
- As I Walk Through Birmingham. I pass grey buildings where ...
- Blue Day. Another blue day. Heat shimmering, Rising to ...
Miki has an honours degree in three dimensional Design and a PGCE in Education. she has had many jobs including teacher, musician, music business manager and poet. She has written three poetry collections, had work included in over 160 poetry magazines and anthologies and won poetry competitions. She has read on both Radio and TV, judged poetry competitions and was a finalist for Poet Laureate of ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Miki Byrne
A Christmas Poem.
I see the lights a-glitter.
I hear the choir in song.
Children gaze, sparkly-eyed
For Christmas won't be long.
There will stand the presents
Around the Christmas tree
And cards along the mantel piece
From friends and family.
Then I think of Jesus,
All in a stable born
And all the things he gave to us
On that first Christmas morn.
The hope, the love, the charity.
The kindness shown to all.
The depth of Christianity
Sprung from a babe so small.
So now at this new Christmas,
I send a wish for peace.
For harmony throughout the...