Naomi Johnson Poems
- My Black Is Beautiful 1 (Woman... From the diversity of my ...
- The Strength Of A Woman The strength of a woman is her ...
- Don'T Judge The Color Of My Sk... Don't Judge the Color of My ...
- Interracial Love Interracial Love I found love not within ...
- My Black Is Beautiful (Man) My Black Is Beautiful and it ...
- The Strength Of A Man The strength of a man is his arms ...
- A Woman Is Like A Rose Softly smooth gentle to the eye. Oh, ...
About the Author
Naomi Johnson was born in Newark and raised in East
Orange, New Jersey. She is the youngest daughter of Mamie Timmons and the late Fred Johnson. Naomi has two sisters living and one brother who passed away.
She attended the Newark and East Orange school district. After graduated from high school, Naomi went on to college; to receive her A.S. degree in ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Naomi Johnson
My Black Is Beautiful 1 (Woman)
From the diversity of my complexion's tone
and the uniqueness of my structured cheekbones.
My Black Is Beautiful!
The bold hue of my skin
I am a woman who displays courage from within.
My skin color is the strength of royal pride
I dare not hide.
Because I love me and the color that I represent
for it's a symbol of eloquent.
Look at me, there is nothing like my features…
What you see is neither an illusion nor a delusion.
It's a stunning gift of natural beauty from God,
so don't dismiss.
Black is the color of power and it is ...