naomi smith Poems
- Stan, The Mystery Man Stan, the Mystery Man They didn't ...
- Broken Dreams Broken Dreams One afternoon in Spring a ...
- St. Catherine Of Siena St. Catherine of Siena When they ...
- Daddy-O My father believed that someday computers would have...
- The Sound Of Prayer It is not hard to imagine how in ...
- Dog Haven Dog Haven Every yard was an island Filled with ...
- The Age Of Science The Age of Science Breezes never ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about naomi smith
Stan, The Mystery Man
Stan, the Mystery Man
They didn't realize how much
They told me about Stan, the Man.
And waiting table, I'd hear tidbits,
About the computer designer/automator
with a habit of walking on the beach,
clipboard and mechanical pencil
in hand, a man who loved to talk about
a day and age when menial labor,
of any kind would be a long ago memory.
'But I like my job! ' I said for fun.
'But according to Stan all this toil
and labor is unnecessary and Man
will someday exist purely to create
art and music.' 'And write poetry? '
I added. 'You write ...