Nate Flying Owl
Nate Flying Owl Poems
- Ode To An Orange As my teeth slice into its flesh Sweet ...
- Ode To A Pair Of Hiking Shoes A pair of well used hiking ...
- Letter To Kokopelli Kokopelli, mythic flutist, Does any of ...
- Ode To Silence Remember the songs of silence That have ...
- Ode To A Jaguar Far beneath the canopy Bathed in moonlight, ...
- An Elegy For Nelson Mandela Dearest Tata Madiba, may you rest...
- Ode To A Raindrop The first cool drop of water Released from...
My area of expertise is tigers and other large predators. I've been writing poetry since I was fifteen and I am open to any constructive critisms, so give them if you have any. I love God and and all my friends and family. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Nate Flying Owl
Ode To An Orange
As my teeth slice into its flesh
Sweet juices spill over my tongue
And steadily slide down my throat
As I swallow chewed chunks of pulp
So nectareous a flavor
So unassuming a texture
Though momentary, brings delight
To the dreary days of my life
Each time I enjoy this fruit's flesh
Each time I taste these sweet juices
The sugar's invigoration
Seems to be instantaneous
With another slice in my mouth
I savor it with gratitude
And I pray to God, thanking Him
For the taste of the sublime orange