Nathaniel Mackey Poems
- Irritable Mystic — "mu" fifth part — His they ...
- On Antiphon Island —"mu" twenty-eighth part— On ...
- Lone Coast Anacrusis
- Ghost of a Trance —"mu" sixty-first part— ...
- Eye on the Scarecrow —"mu" twentieth part— The ...
- Day After Day of the Dead —"mu" forty-eighth ...
- As If It Were "This Is Ou...
Nathaniel Mackey is an American poet, novelist, anthologist, literary critic and editor. He is Professor of English at Duke University and a Chancellor of The Academy of American Poets. Mackey is currently teaching a poetry workshop at Duke University.
He has been editor and publisher of Hambone since 1982 and he won the National Book Award for Poetry in 2006. In 2014, he was awarded a Ruth Lilly Poetry Prize.
Nathaniel Mackey was born in 1947 in Miami, Florida. He obtained his B.A. from Princeton University and his PhD from Stanford University. He taught and lived in Santa Cruz from 1979 to 2010. He is currently a professor at Duke ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Nathaniel Mackey
— "mu" fifth part —
His they their
we, their he
his was but if
need be one,
I, neither sham nor
excuse yet an
the only where
the long since
each crack, each
crevice as it sweats
down on love's endlessly
warmed-over thigh. ...