Newton Ranaweera Poems
- Life Is A River Life is like a rolling river in birth, and ...
- Eyesight Everyone was laughing louder, biting their lips ...
- Stereotyped Humanity
- I'd Never Be Satirist A crossroad I've reached, where three...
- Fox Vs Nettle Petals A fox really wanted to poo, yet it was...
- A Haunting Scene I gazed at a man's slow, weary walk, clad ...
- Marriage Shock On a blissful spring morning, when I wedded ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Newton Ranaweera
Life Is A River
Life is like a rolling river
in birth, and growth, and death similar.
Their life begins as tiny fountains
in dark, deep caves in high mountains,
whose laborious labour drives them down,
‘nd with a splash of cry, they fall to the ground.
They creep; they kneel, then stand and run,
which often looks as smooth and fun,
yet the song they sing in a melancholic strain
should reveal their untold agonies and pain.
Smooth or rough, they ever go down,
down, down, into the depth of sea
down, down, into the death of sea,
where rivers or life are no...