Nile B. Norton
Nile B. Norton Poems
- Catnapping I close my eyes but I do not sleep. I close my ...
- July 16, 1945 You are there. Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, ...
- Moderation Alcohol makes the World go away. The world of ...
- Blood Lines "I'm full-blooded," he did declare. Echoes ...
- Mi Piedra Sepulchral I do not write for financial gain. I ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Nile B. Norton
"I'm full-blooded," he did declare.
Echoes began reverberating around me,
"I'm Irish", "I'm Italian", "I'm Polish", "I'm Swedish".
With hesitancy, I blurted, "I'm mongrel".
In unbelievable silence,
I was the focus of everyones stare.
My mother referred to it as "Dutch Mixture".
Genealogy soon made me aware,
Pennsylvania Dutch if one must compare
and Choctaw if my grandmothers' words are fair.
The English-Irish surname, in its genealogical realm,
occurs too numerous to be traceable.
So my biological gene ...