Nitoo Das Poems
- THE POETRY OF EVERYDAY LIFE: I... Pencil I am thin. Leaden, ...
- HOW TO WRITE EROTICA Treat it like a hoax. Wear suitable ...
- ANECDOTE At first it was just a whiff of old days, a ...
- Matsyagandha My body is a story of smells. I was a girl ...
- Creation of the Birds Ekphrasis IX: for Remedio ...
- LOVE SONG: IX A playsure, an erasure a damn cocksure ...
- how to cut a fish you have to sit ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Nitoo Das
how to cut a fish
you have to sit
woman-like on the floor
put one foot
on the base of the blade
hold the fish with firm hands
head and tail and swing
him quick leftrightleftright
to remove the scales check
beneath the gills red fans
cut them swift and
then fins here there up down
feel that perfect line
where the head ends and the body
begins choose it fine and move
slow over the edge
feel the resistance of white flesh staring eye
and open mouth but keep at it let him feel the pressure
of your ...