Olive Senior Poems
- THE BIRTH OF ISLANDS Fire at the core Necklace of ash, ...
- MOON I'm walking on this dark path overhung with hibiscus, ...
- MEDITATION ON YELLOW ‘The yellow of the Caribbean seen from ...
- HURRICANE STORY, 1988 My mother wasn't christened Imelda ...
- DISCOVERY Always like the futile march of crab-armies ...
- YARD FOWL Rooster As long as a Rooster somewhere is ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
like the futile march of crab-armies
from mangrove fortress to the beach
like the palm-fringe waiting
to be breached
Already I know, the moment you land I
In the shadows of the rain forest
I wait in submission
Amidst the trembling of the leaves
I practise hesitant discourse
my impenetrable heart.