Olufunke Ayeni Poems
- Ah! Lagos I must tell you I am from the village, you know ...
- New Casualties This poem is inspired by J.P Clark's poem THE...
- A Song For You I have a love for you that cannot show face ...
- The Sadness Of This Love We are in some kind of sick love ...
- Welcome Home The hills remind me am home Home where the ...
I presently work as a call centre representative in an insurance company. The only thing I do to keep my sanity is to read or write. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Olufunke Ayeni
I must tell you
I am from the village, you know that one?
The one behind the hills
So you must understand my loss when I found myself on Lagos Island.
I thought the constant rustling of feet meant there was a war coming
I was to learn everyone here walks like they are being chased
Then there were the ever jingling bells
'kree' 'kree' 50 naira,50 naira buy your shoes 50 naira
as for the shoes they must have been stolen...who sells shoes 50 naira?
The clothe sellers were even more amazing, they knew everyone's ...