Osagie Isiramen Poems
- A Broken Heart My heart is broken Still am not angry I am ...
- The Death Of Poverty He was born like that He was born into ...
- Shadow’s Colours His dark side The part of him he always ...
- The Canary And The Eagle Now we are close As if never to ...
- God Father's Toast On that day, something happened Though ...
- My Mother I hope it was pleasurable for her The night she ...
- Cocaine Man Laments Can I live again? I wish this is ...
Occuoation: A legal practitioner in Nigeria.
Contact: P.O Box1430 Agege, Lagos.
Phone: 2340732374512. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Osagie Isiramen
The Death Of Poverty
He was born like that
He was born into poverty
And his parent spoke it religiously to his ears
That this chain must be broken
Broken by work, work and nothing but hard work
His parent worked till their dying day
Only to still remain in chain
Fetters fatter and more stubborn with age
With determination he set out in rage
Bearing the pain, shame, hunger, and inhumanity
That the rich dream must become reality
Now, he is old, looking at then and now
The faded colour of poverty still painted today
And it will surely coat tomorrow
In this thought ...