Paul Clement Czaja
Paul Clement Czaja Poems
- Sailing I love the ocean – the living ocean always in motion...
- Pieta Mary holds the dead Jesus in her lap Like her baby, ...
- Easter Meditation Though no one knew Or believed it, Your ...
- Our Now Night runs When you In your glorious so Sunshiny ...
- Sanguis Christi Sins are the cause for Jesus’ blood ...
- Redwing Blackbirds Coming into Winona from my cottage in ...
- Mama Crow A robin’s song woke me this Saturday with its ...
My Baptismal name is Paul after the saint who wrote such good and helpful letters - my middle name is Clement after my paternal grandfather who played the violin - my family name is Czaja (pronounced “chai-a” which rhymes with “Hi-ya! ”) which is the Polish word for the Lapwing plover (Vanellus vanellus) . I am from the North-East Bronx originally, and as a boy with my twin brother, Pete, was ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Paul Clement Czaja
I love the ocean –
the living ocean always in motion –
primeval yet ever new—
at times so gentle –
other times fierce and dangerous –
so powerful –
so immense –
so sacred in its ancientness –
mother of earthly life –
its distant beckoning horizon –
its ceaseless waves and tides –
its familiar salty taste –
its many colors and moods.
I love sailing in my wooden boat
on top of it –
through it –
held up by it –
embraced by the entire vast ocean –
sailing with the wind –
at home on the sea ...