Paul Kesler Poems
- To Trilby The sky is a greater musician than I: the rains ...
- Changeling I. We fought the flies all night And the ...
- Abtei Im Eichwald (For Caspar ...
- Ode To Louise (1906-1985) Sleek needle stabbing convivial ...
- E.T.A. Hoffmann Muses On His M... I take love lightly, ...
- In Calvino Veritas (Six Drunke...
- The Glassblower's Legacy When the glassblower died, his house...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Paul Kesler
The sky is a greater musician than I:
the rains plays pizzicato on the rooftops
with no sign of fatigue;
clouds hit every note I miss
on my aging piano,
and crush my seasoned flourishes
with glissandos of thunder
and chords of ragged lightning.
I have taught you the
choreography of love,
the dance steps of passion;
the sly tilt of your head
as the rolled notes flow from your throat.
But nothing flows to me,
though the poses you strike,
like the lightning's fitful flashes,
compel the night sky to respond. ...