Pedro Mir Poems
- 9 For what has a great undeniable poet been ...
- 17 Why did you want to listen to a poet? I am speaking to ...
- 15 And now it is no longer the word ...
- 6 O Walt Whitman, your sensitive beard was a net in the ...
- 1 There once was a virgin wilderness. Trees and land without...
Pedro Julio Mir Valentín (3 June 1913, San Pedro de Macorís – 11 July 2000, Santo Domingo) was a Dominican poet and writer, named Poet Laureate of the Dominican Republic by Congress in 1984, and a member of the generation of "Independent poets of the 1940s" in Dominican poetry.
His father, a Cuban mechanical engineer, migrated from Cuba to the Dominican Republic in the early ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Pedro Mir
what has a great undeniable poet been
but a crystal-clear pool
where a people discover their perfect
What has he been
but a deep garden
where all men recognize themselves
but the chord of a boundless guitar
where the fingers of the people play
their simple, ...