Peter Hall Poems
- Learning From Mistakes I have finally come to the ...
- Identity Controls Behaviour Identity controls ...
- A Time To Die There's a time to live There's a time to die, ...
- Glass Ceiling I was born in Green Valley, west of Liverpool, ...
- Heroes Heroes born and heroes bled Heroes that live and ...
- After The Rain Hail Wind Rain Chaos.
- 'Don'T Move' (The Bank Robbery... On an average summer ...
Hall is Australian born, but calls Scotland home. He is a poet, a songwriter, musician, accountant, pastor, follower of Jesus Christ, son, husband, father, sports lover and coffee drinker.
Hall says 'poetry is about communicating 'what is' and 'what could be', or 'what should be' '.
Hall's poetry influences are from a 'melting pot' of Australian and British cultures and ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Peter Hall
Learning From Mistakes
I have finally come to the place
Where things can come off the shelf
So I can try to learn from mistakes
And not be so hard on myself.
I no longer need to be opaque
It's time for me to see
That my failures and past mistakes
Do not label me.
No longer trusting what used to assure
Sorting out things that will last
Mistakes filter out what really endures
Permitting to learn from the past.
I know life has its ups and downs
I can't help things don't go to plan
But mistakes no longer bring 'that frown'
Now that I know who I am.