Philip Carter Poems
- Mayday! Mayday 'Mayday! Mayday! I need help' The cry goes ...
- Smartphones, Are They Smart? I see adverts for the ...
- A Donkey's Burden My eyelids are drooping low Like the ...
- I Am Drowning The wave rolls in and grabs my feet Then tries...
- Getting Shot Of Me Can I hold it steady enough? So that I ...
- Stay Away From The Pub The message I got was simple Direct ...
- Voyager 1 For forty years I've been travelling Always away ...
Hi, just a short note about myself.
All the poems I write, come to me when I am in a pub.
Usually after a pint or two of Guinness.
It is rare to find a deep meaning in my poems, if you find one, I hope it helps.
They are of a mixture of subjects and some may make you smile while others may make you feel sad.
Hope you enjoy reading them.
Thank you. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Philip Carter
'Mayday! Mayday! I need help'
The cry goes out to all
But is anybody out there
To respond to the desperate call
'Mayday! Mayday! ' He calls again
As the waves crash over his boat
With a badly damaged engine
He is like a twig afloat
'Mayday! Mayday! ' His last call
The radio now goes dead
Another soul is lost at sea
Another tear is shed.