Philip Carter Poems
- I Am Drowning The wave rolls in and grabs my feet Then tries...
- The Cgi World The Horse Chestnut seeds litter the ground No ...
- Mayday! Mayday 'Mayday! Mayday! I need help' The cry goes ...
- Stay Away From The Pub The message I got was simple Direct ...
- Confused I don't know where I'm going I don't know where ...
- Can't Write A Love Poem I cannot write a love poem Only one ...
- Don't Weep My Dear Why are you weeping so my dear Those ...
Hi, just a short note about myself.
All the poems I write, come to me when I am in a pub.
Usually after a pint or two of Guinness.
It is rare to find a deep meaning in my poems, if you find one, I hope it helps.
They are of a mixture of subjects and some may make you smile while others may make you feel sad.
Hope you enjoy reading them.
Thank you. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Philip Carter
I Am Drowning
The wave rolls in and grabs my feet
Then tries to pull me back
But I resist its best efforts
For power, it has a lack
The wave recedes and I feel smug
That I'm still here on the shore
I've beaten the tide that has claimed lives
So many times before
But pride comes before a fall
As so many people say
I've had my pride and now my fall
Will come to me this day
Another wave comes crashing in
And knocks me to the ground
And pulls me back into the sea
And there is water all around
I fight the sea to keep my head
Up above the wave
I can't swim I ...