Phillip Erb Poems
- Fortitude Sky spread thin and sleep hides again Its vague ...
- Entrepreneurs’ Dream Within the walls of a breathless ...
- Prison My watch is broken, all the electricity is gone, The...
- Roughshod Seventy-two hours I've been chewing my ...
- Dismissed On my knees praying 'Please God, release me! ...
- One Too Late I saw a man I once knew on the interstate ...
- Impeachment Like a king about to address his people, I look...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Phillip Erb
Sky spread thin and sleep hides again
Its vague and fleeting face
“Sleep, ” I call her aloud but there is nothing
Crouched behind black oak trees but my echo
“Sleep, ” I call again, frustrated and hot,
My thirst grows, I drink and swallow, swallow
What manner of mean drink leaves me thirstier than we met?
As the winds change
Over time comes rain
Above all the clouds
I sky looks the same
It’s easy to kill the pain
If sleeping could last night and day
And butterflies it brings to me could stay
So this head of mine would not spin and ...