Phoebe Riley Poems
- Departure The soil weeps at my departing footsteps Or at ...
- Number 8 Gerronimo. Superhero. The fans call You strike the...
- Where Have You Gone? Where have you gone? Where are you ...
- Performing To A Blind Audience Tonight I am going to outshine...
- Hand Span My dear loving enemy. How I have despised your ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Phoebe Riley
Performing To A Blind Audience
Tonight I am going to outshine someone. Anyone.
I am sick and tired of being overlooked and tonight
I am rolling the dice. It’s a run of the mill day,
A sleepy charcoal with monotony twisting through the tarmac.
I squeeze shiny lycra in my palm.
Alone accompanied by an empty desk, mine. Tear. It was
in shreds and now the ballerina is in shreds, no costume
tonight. I sing skill onto the blackboard, the chalk’s
high-pitched screech wants to echo me, a shade of green
I would be a VIP, with a glimpse of an opening
But from now I will receive more claps. ...