Pierre Alféri Poems
- ALLEGRIA What is this impulse It's an annihilating ...
- A DEFENSE OF POETRY That happens Here Between the acute ...
- OTHER METHODS When Sunday Gets you down Do the Hausa The ...
- AS THOUGH NOTHING WAS GOING ON Four themes ...
- MAN'S FAVORITE SPORT No proof That we're ...
- DON'T CUT THE LINE It's wonderful Not to know where things ...
- PUT A VOICE TO HER PROSE Put A date to this face A price on...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Pierre Alféri
PUT A VOICE TO HER PROSE
A date to this face
A price on this memory
They're floating in the indirect
Light of communication
They are euphemisms
We only saw
The smoke, too late to put a word
To the Thing
Hostage of litotes.
Put a voice to her prose
Said the ad. You'd have called it
A spoonerism. The tarty blond image
Goes neither with the second noun
Nor with the first. But the invite's cunning
Even when you know that this body, these mass-typed
Promises, this organ ready to make you pay
With loving words early as six A.M.
On your credit card...