A Birthday Song - Poem by vimal ramchandra
A birthday song I wrote for me,
I asked my god to set me free.
I asked him to squeeze my heart, and make me cry,
Let my pain touch him too; in his arms let me die.
I asked him, to take a handful of earth, & bury my soul.
Take the curse of life, off my spirit and make me whole.
I asked him to hold my hand, and witness what I see,
Even with tearful eyes, how beautiful a smile can be.
I asked him to be my child, and breathe within me.
Let me also be a giver, generous and loving as,
Comments about A Birthday Song by vimal ramchandra
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye