A Friend Of Mine - Poem by Francis Duggan
With her i would share a bottle of wine
She who loves Nature is a friend of mine
She knows the name of each species of tree
Into the soul of Nature she can see.
A friend of mine i feel proud for to say
People like her i don't meet every day
She knows the species of bird by it's song
On matters of Nature she never is wrong.
She led the protest and defied the law
To save the old growth trees from the one with the chain saw
She went to prison for to her what was right
For to save Nature's beauty she is prepared for to fight.
To her i feel glad for to drink a toast
And of her achievements i feel proud to boast
You won't find many as noble as she
Those who love Nature are good friends to me.
Comments about A Friend Of Mine by Francis Duggan
Mary Elizabeth Frye
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda