Harold R Hunt Sr
A Letter To A Soldier. - Poem by Harold R Hunt Sr
A letter to a soldier.
I saw you the other day. You had on a uniform so neat. With shinny buttons and shoe.
I like the way you carried the flag. Nice tall For all to see.
My dad says, You fight for our freedom and for me to be able to write this letter.
My dad says freedom doesn't come cheap. And many of your friends.Have gave their lives?
He told me about the American wars and how the first war was for our freedom and rights.
He told me how a man tried to kill us all and take our country. How the soldiers stop them all.
We solder, . 't time for me to go to bed. But I'll say a prayer for you tonight.
Thanking you for my freedom and my life.
Thankyou American solder,
Comments about A Letter To A Soldier. by Harold R Hunt Sr
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda