Freedom Poems - Poems For Freedom
Poems about freedom. You can read the best freedom poems. Browse through all freedom poems.
Freedom Xiv - Poem by Khalil Gibran
And an orator said, "Speak to us of Freedom."
And he answered:
At the city gate and by your fireside I have seen you prostrate yourself and worship your own freedom,
Even as slaves humble themselves before a tyrant and praise him though he slays them.
Ay, in the grove of the temple and in the shadow of the citadel I have seen the freest among you wear their freedom as a yoke and a handcuff.
And my heart bled within me; for you can only be free when even the desire of seeking freedom becomes a harness to you, and when you cease to speak of freedom as a goal and a fulfillment.
You shall be free indeed when your days are not without a care nor your nights without a want and a grief,
But rather when these things girdle your life and yet you rise above them naked and unbound.
And how shall you rise beyond your days and nights unless you break the chains which you at the dawn of your understanding have fastened around your noon hour?
In truth that which you call freedom is the strongest of these chains, though its links glitter in the sun and dazzle the eyes.
And what is it but fragments of your own self you would discard that you may become free?
If it is an unjust law you would abolish, that law was written with your own hand upon your own forehead.
You cannot erase it by burning your law books nor by washing the foreheads of your judges, though you pour the sea upon them.
And if it is a despot you would dethrone, see first that his throne erected within you is destroyed.
For how can a tyrant rule the free and the proud, but for a tyranny in their own freedom and a shame in their won pride?
And if it is a care you would cast off, that care has been chosen by you rather than imposed upon you.
And if it is a fear you would dispel, the seat of that fear is in your heart and not in the hand of the feared.
Verily all things move within your being in constant half embrace, the desired and the dreaded, the repugnant and the cherished, the pursued and that which you would escape.
These things move within you as lights and shadows in pairs that cling.
And when the shadow fades and is no more, the light that lingers becomes a shadow to another light.
And thus your freedom when it loses its fetters becomes itself the fetter of a greater freedom.
Comments about Freedom Xiv by Khalil Gibran
Poems About Freedom
- 1. Freedom Xiv , Khalil Gibran
- 2. Freedom , Charles Bukowski
- 3. Freedom Of Love , Andre Breton
- 4. Freedom , Ambrose Bierce
- 5. Freedom Is Never Free , James Grengs
- 6. A Sad State Of Freedom , Nazim Hikmet
- 7. Freedom And Love , Thomas Campbell
- 8. Freedom At Midnight , Sathya Narayana
- 9. Freedom , Christal Carpenter
- 10. Freedom On The Wallaby , Henry Lawson
- 11. Freedom , Helen Hunt Jackson
- 12. Freedom In Cage , yashar rezaeipour
- 13. Of Old Sat Freedom On The Heights , Alfred Lord Tennyson
- 14. I Prefer The Gorgeous Freedom , Aleksandr Aleksandrovich Blok
- 15. X Absolute Freedom , ONElia AVElar
- 16. Freedom Of Choice , Linda Ori
- 17. Freedom From Love......................... , JESSICA MASON
- 18. Freedom From The Self , Renu Rakheja a.k.a Tranquil ..
- 19. Freedom Is Walking , Sylvia Chidi
- 20. In Search Of Freedom , Sathya Narayana
- 21. (115) Spirit Of Freedom , premji premji
- 22. Freedom Of Choice , Scarlet .....
- 23. Freedom In Your Marriage? , Richard Merrell
- 24. Freedom , John Barbour
- 25. 0015 On The Mental Freedom Of Old Age , Michael Shepherd
- 26. Freedom? , Clover West
- 27. A Homage To The Freedom Fighters Of India , Raja Basu
- 28. A Freedom Fighter , Alancia Lebogang Mogorosi
- 29. Freedom , Kevin Deckert
- 30. The Dream Of Freedom , Owen Suffolk
- 31. On The Question Of Freedom , Yevgeny Yevtushenko
- 32. One Minute Of Freedom , William Cook
- 33. My Wings Of Freedom , Mary Nagy
- 34. Lost Freedom , Sylvia Chidi
- 35. Freedom Is, Freedom Is Never , MELVIN BANGGOLLAY
- 36. A Fight For Freedom , Marilyn Lott
- 37. Prison Bars-And Freedom! , Scarlett Treat
- 38. 0010 Poemhunter And The Simplicity Of Fr.. , Michael Shepherd
- 39. War + Lives Add Love = Freedom , Dave Tanguay
- 40. (3.25) Freedom (1960's) , Karl Stuart Kline
- 41. The Price Of Freedom , Callum Kyle
- 42. Stars Of Freedom , Bobby Sands
- 43. They Say We Must Fight To Keep Our Freedom , Thampi KEE
- 44. Contemporary Freedom , Sylvia Chidi
- 45. Freedom , arundhati sinha
- 46. I Want My Freedom Back , Nadalia Bagratuni
- 47. Freedom , Adryan Rotica
- 48. Freedom , Hannah Hampton
- 49. Freedom , Jen Huan
- 50. He Gave His Life For Freedom , Ted Sheridan
New Freedom Poems
- All I Ask Is Freedom, Tanmayi Mukundan
- Freedom's Lament, Peter Korte
- Love Versus Terrorism - Part 1 - Poems O.., Nikhil Parekh
- 1 God - Poems On God, Creator - Volume 4, Nikhil Parekh
- The Royal Indian Army, Bhanu Siva Krishna
- Freedom O Freedom, Shanice A. Rodriguez
- I Seek Freedom *contrast*, Jeremy Horsford
- Where Is Freedom My Dear!, KAMESWARA RAO CHELLAPILLA
- Freedom, Nikhil Parekh
- Marooned, Nikhil Parekh
- carpe diem