A Lie To A Friend - Poem by Sharron Stephenson
To place the cold love on a friend so true,
The halt of a wish to dream,
To cover the tears with a lie,
To feel the loneliness of a heart of gold,
The stamp that crushes the wind out of the,
eyes of brown.
To waste the hours of the past gone by,
count the nights that hurt the sleep of,
One, two, three.
The call of the birds on the winters days,
A hold of the secret memory.
The gentle touch, The wink of NO NO NO,
Place the love on a friend so TRUE
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about A Lie To A Friend by Sharron Stephenson
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl