A Prayer - Poem by Bancroft Boreland
I have made mistakes, I have done much wrong
Thank you for giving me the strength to go on
There was evil and darkness in my heart
Thank you for being my light in the dark
I came to this world and I know
That someday I will be leaving
But thank you that I am still breathing
I have not the words to say
To express my gratitude for every moment of every day
I fear that not even eternity
Can satisfy my appetite for life
Is there a place in paradise for me?
After I die, where will my soul be?
Dear creator, will you answer me?
Comments about A Prayer by Bancroft Boreland
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda