And Lights Are Out.! - Poem by ARSHAJ GAIKWAD
The lights are out,
But I am in.
And though I pray
I’m doing nothing.
So tell me now,
Is that a sin?
In a condition like me
I bet you are in.
So what is our fault?
Isn’t it god’s gift?
Even though electricity’s there,
There is always a big ‘if’.
He feels we should be rested,
How dare you break his wish
He’s granted the thing you need
The very thing you wish.
So tell me now you enjoy,
Under the blessings of good god.
Your best excuse and his ploy,
No guilt, it’s time you can afford.
But in the night, you need the light,
To brighten your dreams & gin.
And in the day when light’s away,
You curse but smile within…!
Comments about And Lights Are Out.! by ARSHAJ GAIKWAD
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl