And Then You Wake - Poem by joseph beltran
your eyes open and it slaps you in the face.
you wanna stop going on.
but you cant.
you put yourself there
and you only have one way out.
its not death.
its all on whether you can get yourself out
and put yourself in a new hole.
maybe a hole that isnt too deep.
but even then
youre still around those you hate
and still persecuted.
maybe death is your only way to a peaceful mind.
time offered answers that never satisfied you
and death never seemed the way out.
youre standing still
Comments about And Then You Wake by joseph beltran
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl